terça-feira, 10 de fevereiro de 2015

The Call

People call for him; they still call for God, that one deity standing on the pedestal of goodness and justice, of mercy and power. Usually, I would say "I don't believe in your God, although I do not claim that he does not exist". However, when I observe the rotten fruit that grows from the tree, I can safely say:

"I believe your God does not exist; for if any one does exist, he is so fundamentally different from the one you profess exists that I can dismiss your God with the same vanity that you claim his existence."

Atrocities happen on the Earth from sunrise to sunset; so they have since the dawn of age. Yet people, embracing their egocentric selves, call for him; after so many evidence highlighting our insignificant place in the Universe, after witnessing humans enslaved and tortured, children starve to death, buried alive, dying of cancer, after witnessing extreme hate, misery and selfishness, -  they still have audacity to call for him. This is the pinnacle of narcissism and abjection - God help us all.